Last modified 10. July, 2018
CoinZero is committed to maintaining and promoting stringent anti-money laundering (AML) standards. We have developed a policy intended to prevent, detect, and report money laundering and terrorist financing activities within our organization. This policy seeks to protect CoinZero and its reputation from those who may intend to legitimize their ill-gotten gains through CoinZero.
CoinZero AML Policy sets out the standards to which CoinZero adheres, including:
- Appointing a nominated officer who has responsibility to oversee CoinZero’s compliance with relevant AML rules and regulations.
- Establishing and maintaining a risk-based approach towards assessing and managing money laundering and terrorist financing risks.
- Establishing and maintaining risk based customer due diligence, identification, verification and “know your customer” (KYC) procedures, including enhanced due diligence for those customers presenting higher risk.
- Screening of existing and prospective customers through a combination of technology and manual checks.
- Procedures for reporting unusual and suspicious activity internally and, where required, externally to the relevant law enforcement authorities.
- Maintaining appropriate records.
- Conducting regular training for all relevant employees to enable them to understand their legal obligations and recognise the risk of CoinZero Services being used to assist in money laundering or terrorist financing activities.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate communications and monitoring arrangements to ensure that CoinZero’s employees understand its AML policy and comply with it in practice.